Physiotherapy for Shoulder and Arm Pains
Shoulder and Arm Conditions Treated at The Physio Practice
Shoulder and arm pain are a common problem with a number of different causes. There are a number of reasons why you might be experiencing shoulder pain or arm pain and these include:
- poor posture
- frozen shoulder – a painful condition that reduces normal movement in the joint and can sometimes prevent movement in the shoulder altogether
- rotator cuff disorders – the rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that surround the shoulder joint and help to keep it stable
- shoulder instability (shoulder dislocation) – where the shoulder is unstable and has an unusually large range of movement (hypermobility)
- acromioclavicular joint disorders – conditions that affect the acromioclavicular joint, which is the joint at the top of the shoulder
- osteoarthritis in the shoulder joints
- a broken (fractured) bone, such as a fracture of the humerus (upper arm bone) or broken collarbone
The treatment we propose will depend on your symptoms and the underlying cause of your shoulder pain.
Sometimes A Shoulder Problem Is Not The Cause of Shoulder Pain
In some cases, pain in the shoulder is not caused by a problem in the shoulder joint, itself. Occasionally, shoulder pain is caused by a problem in another area, such as the neck, that is then felt in the shoulder and upper back. The key to treating this type of problem is early diagnosis of the underlying cause of the shoulder pain and treatment of the actual condition. Please use our online contact form to book an initial assessment.